October is ushered in every year with my sister's birthday on the first day and ushered out by my grandmother's birthday on the last (yes, on Halloween!), so it's always a month of celebration for me. Inevitably, I also associate the month with deep fall colors, such as dark purples and fiery oranges, so some of my must haves for this month are inspired by those colors. In the spirit of celebration, we're also bringing you several contests this month, as well as encouraging you to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- I'm going to take advantage of all of those beautiful falling leaves and make my own leaf paper art. For inspiration, check out this gorgeous paper art.
- Anthropologie's completely crave-worthy Jayne Sofa would provide a brilliant burst of color in anyone's living room, and it's now on sale.
- These ceramic pumpkins would look great with an Italian vegetable soup with gnocchi inside. Maybe I'll make some for my sis's birthday.
- A gorgeous organic fall bouquet would be a great way to dress up your home, especially when it's free!
- Speaking of dressing up your home, October is Dress Your Walls month here at CasaSugar, and we're giving away some art and wall coverings to celebrate, including enough Ferm wallpaper to cover a wall of your home. Stay tuned for contest details!
- Squirrel away nature's autumn bounty in these carved wood vessels.
- Support Breast Cancer Awareness Month with a yummy pink-grapefruit-scented Ribbons of Love diffuser from Archipelago ($50). Forty percent of the profits will go to City of Hope Research Hospital.
- And finally, settle into fall, grab a book, and cuddle up with an animal pillow from Velocity.