With this simple hack, Jess Blazejewski of Style Me Pretty Living shows us how to turn an inexpensive coffee table into a gorgeous luxe bench.
This bench was actually repurposed from a $60 coffee table! We painted the legs gold, then wrapped a piece of velvet like fabric over a precut piece of foam using nothing more than a staple gun. Boom, done! I am a little in love with this project and feel like of all of our ideas, this one really feels the most luxe, the most high end.
Gold spray paint
1 yard fabric
1 1/4 yards of 2″ thick, 24″ wide foam sheet
Costs and time: $100 per bench (plus some tools from around the house - scissors, pliers, staple gun)
In the Heights Stars Melissa Barrera and Leslie Grace Actually Auditioned For Each Other's Roles
1 1/2 hrs. per bench
1. Use pliers to twist off the metal tabs on the bottom of the long table. Pull them straight up and straight down a few times and they should pop right off.
2. Spraypaint the frame of the table gold and let dry 1 hour.
3. Trace the composite board of the coffee table with the sharpie on the foam sheet. Cut out the foam sheet along the lines with a bread knife.
4. Cut the fabric to be 8″ wider and longer than the table base.
5. Layer the foam sheet, then fabric, on top of the base. Staple gun the fabric to the underside of the base to secure it. At corners, fold the fabric to make a nice seam and then staple.
6. Place the base on the top of the gold frame and your bench is ready to go!
Check out more great stories from Style Me Pretty Living:
- DIY Art Print For Your Office
- DIY Copper-Dipped Candles
- Spotted: The Prettiest Holiday Décor to Deck Your Halls