It seems as if I can't get enough of leaves this Fall. If you like celebrating the season by bringing outdoor elements into your home, then I have a perfect project for you. This pressed leaf art would look wonderful hung in multiples by a Thanksgiving table, and would also make great gifts for any arboreal enthusiasts in your life.
What You'll Need
- dry, pressed leaves
- Mod Podge
- foam brush
- wax paper
- heavy books
- scrapbook paper
To find out how to make this pressed leaf art,
Here's how to do it, from Make and Takes:
- Press your leaves until flat and dry
- Get your scrapbook paper and apply Mod Podge to the paper with your foam brush. Also apply Mod Podge to the back of your leaf.
- Now place your leaf on the paper to dry and set. So your paper/leaf doesn’t curl or bunch up the paper, place a large piece of wax paper over the Mod Podge area and place heavy books on top of the wax paper. Your Mod Podge will dry and won’t stick to the wax paper!
- Wait a little while and when the area is dry, seal the whole piece of paper with Mod Podge again. Using the foam brush, apply Mod Podge all over the whole piece of paper (as it gives the whole paper a shiny look) and over the leaves again as well.
- Once again, place a large piece of wax paper over the Mod Podge area and place heavy books on top of the wax paper. This will help keep the paper flat to fit nicely in the frame.
- Once this is dry, remove the wax paper and place the fun leafy paper into your frame. Frames 12-by-12 inches are the perfect size for scrapbook paper.