Sitting at the computer all day can do major damage to your back, as anybody with a desk job can attest. For the sake of your posture, your spinal health, and your mental well-being, consider making the switch to a standing desk. If you don't have the option of swapping out your work desk, tweak your home office for after-hours assignments or remote workdays. You can even make your own version of the standing desk by following this DIY tutorial and decorating it to suit your taste. Here are some tips for creating the ultimate standing desk work area:
- Find a barstool with back support to use when you need a break from standing.
- Lay down a colorful rug for an interesting floor space and comfy feet.
- Hang eye-catching art if your desk lacks an interesting view.
- Display fresh blooms to keep your work space feeling lively and bright.
- Instead of accumulating bright knickknacks, find stylish organizational tools (like patterned pen holders and colorful filing trays) that will brighten up your space.
- Incorporate a mix of natural and artificial light into the room; otherwise you may begin to feel tired or restless.