Fitting for a wedding, party, or bridal shower, paper pom poms make for easy, colorful decor. But, since they can often be expensive (usually around $15 a pair on Etsy), why not DIY them? They're fairly simple to make and can be made in the colors and size of your choice. They even make for a fun gift wrapping idea. Learn how following the steps below:
- Tissue paper (20 inches x 30 inches). Choose one to three colors, or similar shades of the same color, to keep things looking cohesive.
- Floral wire. White, if you can find it.
- Stack four to eight the sheets of paper on top of one another, depending on you puffy you want them to be.
- Now, fold the sheets into 1.5-inch accordion folds, all the way across.
- Prune the ends of the tissue into round shapes, to give them a petal-like look.
- Cut about a foot and a half length of floral wire.
- Wrap the wire around the center of the folded tissue and secure it by twisting.
- Now the fun part! Pull apart each layer, separating it from the center one piece at a time.
- Measure the length you'd like to hang your pom pom from and cut a piece of monofilament accordingly.
- Knot the monofilament to the floral wire and hang!
- Repeat until you've created all the pom poms you need. The more, the merrier!