- 4-inch toile fabric squares
- fusible interfacing
- freezer paper
- ribbon or yarn
- cardboard heart template smaller than the size of your scraps
- sewing machine
To find out how to make it, just read more.
- Cut out two different sizes of heart shapes.
- When you have drawn and cut out the two different sized heart shapes, cut them out and glue them to cardboard. Then cut the cardboard to make two templates, one little and one larger. Cut 20 or more hearts in the two different sizes.
- Take the freezer paper and cut it in half length-wise (unless your hearts are really large). You will only need half the width. Set up your sewing machine and then place a larger heart about two inches from the top of the paper. Start to sew at the top of the paper and sew through the middle of the first heart.
- Continue to sew on the paper for two inches then place a smaller heart on the paper and sew through the middle of it
- When you have sewn four or five hearts onto the freezer paper you will reach the end of the paper. When you are near the bottom of the paper, tuck another sheet under the first, and continue to sew. Don’t forget to leave a space of about two inches between the hearts. Continue making the chain until you have used all the hearts.
- Pick up the paper (which has the hearts sewn on the middle) and carefully tear it away from the hearts.
- Hang your heart garland in a prominent spot where everyone can enjoy it.
- For more photos of the process, go here.