In a recent article in Architectural Digest, San Francisco designer Grant K. Gibson offered some practical and economical advice for making a rental home shine. Instead of making big budget renovations, Gibson offers great options for making the most of your leased surroundings. Check out the tips below, and then tour the entire apartment on Architectural Digest.
- Inject color in your space by going bold in small spaces. Gibson painted his powder room a vibrant orange.
- Splurge on high-quality paint, like Farrow & Ball.
- If you want to keep walls neutral, refresh an older piece of furniture with an unusual color of paint.
- Add modern touches to classic furniture by turning to contemporary art. Seek out original paintings at antique stores or flea markets.
- Make changes in spaces that will get the most use, such as the living room.
- Change out a busy patterned carpet for something simple, like a sisal rug.
- Minimize clutter and keep books in neatly ordered stacks.