When we first caught wind that HGTV had a Charleston, SC, version of Fixer Upper in the works, we were over the moon; setting one of our favorite HGTV show formats in one of the most beautiful cities in America seemed like a tune-in-worthy combination!
Now that the show has a new name — Move In Ready — and the pilot has premiered, we wanted to know more, like who are the hosts Ryan and Krystine Edwards? Will they be able to help families, find, renovate, and decorate a new home with the savvy, style, and charm of Chip and Joanna Gaines? We did some digging, and we're confident that they have what it takes to be our new HGTV obsession!
Learn why and discover everything else we know about Move In Readya below.
- Krystine is an interior decorator and real estate agent. "I've helped many people buy and sell their homes, and now I've begun decorating and designing them, too!" she writes on her website.
- Krystine attributes Ryan with helping her find her real estate and design calling. He was the one who encouraging her to get her real estate license more than a decade ago.
- Ryan is a contractor. He co-owns the design-build construction company
Sceltas Build + Consult and has been in Charleston real estate since 1999. He originally invested in real estate before tackling his first big reno, a two-year project of a historic home.
- The couple are longtime sweethearts. They met after college when both worked in sales at a local software company.
- They're the parents of two adorable little boys. And we get the sense the boys will make appearances on the show!
- While this is Krystine's first TV show, she's no stranger to the spotlight. She has an active design blog and super popular Instagram account full of inspiring home decor and architectural details and her great fashion looks.
- Krystine and Ryan had to keep the show a secret for almost a year. After not telling even their best friends, they finally spilled the beans in a much anticipated blog post in February.
- The opportunity for the show came out of the blue. "All of this happened on one random day during the week where I received an email from a production company who wanted to talk about our work," Krystine shared on her blog. "We spoke and Skyped a lot and eventually got to a point where they wanted to create a sizzle. We created it and sent it off. Well, they came back and said we had a pilot!"
- All parents will be able to relate to the hilariously chaotic day they received the call that they got the show. Krystine wrote, "My oldest had a fever, I was confused and tried to call Ryan on his cell to let him hear the exciting news. He couldn't hear a word, and my oldest was about to throw up."
- The pilot episode was a mad rush. They found a family to feature who was relocating from California and looking to put down Charleston roots before the birth of their baby. During the accelerated six-week reno, Ryan had Hernia surgery and Krystina got the flu — and they still somehow managed to pull it off!
- The show's premiere was delayed. It was originally scheduled to air under the name Charleston Charm on March 20, but was renamed Move In Ready and the pilot's debut was rescheduled for May 7.