If your family is anything like mine at Thanksgiving, there are likely a few kids running underfoot who'd love a planned activity. That's why this Thanksgiving leaf garland is so perfect: it gives kids a meaningful task, and is a quick enough project that you can make it before turkey hits the table.
Here's What You'll Need
- This leaf template
- Colored paper/construction paper
- Twine, yarn, or string
- Double-sided tape
- Pens or pencils
To find out how to make it,
Here's how to make it, from Full Circle:
- Trace out leaf shapes using the leaf template.
- Cut out leaves in a variety of colors.
- Help children write what they're thankful for on each leaf. Then have the kids take leaves to other friends or family members and have them write down what they're thankful for.
- Space leaves evenly on twine or yarn. Using doublesided tape, attach the leaves to the twine.
- Hang from a doorway, or along a wall, or even from a chandelier.
- Enjoy Thanksgiving!