Baking soda doesn't just keep your fridge smelling fresh. It has oodles of uses around your house. You might know some of them already, but I bet you don't know all of them. Check out my top 10 favorite uses for baking soda below.
- Safety first! Keep a box of baking soda by the stove. If you have a grease or electrical fire, toss handfuls of baking soda on it to extinguish.
- Do you have marble-topped tables or furniture? Then clean it with baking soda. Mix three tablespoons in a quart of warm water, wipe it on the marble, let stand, and then rinse.
- To get your laundry sparkling clean, add 1/2 cup baking soda to your washing machine load.
- Get your garbage cans smelling fresh by washing them with baking soda.
Curious about the rest? Then
- Do you have Formica counter tops in your kitchen? Wipe them down with baking soda sprinkled on a damp sponge.
- To get odors and stains out of your coffee maker, run it through its cycle with a baking soda solution. Rinse.
- Encourage free-flowing kitchen and bathroom drains by running four tablespoons of baking soda through them once a week. Just drop in the baking soda, then follow it with hot water.
- Are you a pup person? Get that doggy smell out of your carpets or rugs with baking soda. Sprinkle baking soda on the carpet, let it sit for half an hour or more, and then vacuum it up.
- You can also get your whole house smelling fresh by adding baking soda to your vacuum cleaner bag.
- Scrub down all of your bathroom fixtures with baking soda on a damp sponge. It acts as a mild abrasive, and gets fixtures shiny.