I love the mix-and-match colors in these outdoor chairs at the terrace outside the Turner Contemporary, a gallery that opened to the public on Saturday in Margate, England. If you're inspired to add some color to your outdoor seating arrangements at your house, there are plenty of colors to choose from, ranging from hot pink to forest-inspired greens and beyond.
Before you start shopping, though, remember that outdoor furniture, even if it's made of plastic or acrylic, needs extra care to keep it looking beautiful season after season. Check out my tips, and then get shopping!
How to Keep Your Outdoor Furniture Fab Year After Year
- Consider investing in a patio cover that will cover a table and chair set. It's an easy way to keep the elements off of the furniture during a particularly heavy rain or hailstorm.
- Always bring your furniture indoors during the off season.
- Clean aluminum, steel, and iron furniture frames with soap and water. If metal frames aren't rust-resistant, use a paste wax on it to prevent corrosion.
- If you know that you're not the most diligent when it comes to maintaining your outdoor furniture, look for frames that are simple and don't involve grooves or other hard-to-clean designs that will trap dirt and grime. This way, you can get away with spritzing your furniture and wiping it clean without much hassle.
- Remember, it's easier to do spot cleanings on a regular basis as opposed to a few major deep cleanings over a season. Try to make your patio or deck furniture maintenance part of your weekly cleaning routine.