Have you come to a crossroads with your home? Are you at odds with your partner over whether to renovate or move? If so, you might just be the perfect candidate for HGTV's Love It or List It. Show host Hilary can work wonders with a reno budget, while David is a real estate pro who makes it his mission to find you a brand-new home that suits all your needs. But you already knew all this. What you're actually wondering is how can you get cast. Check out the seven essential things producers look at when casting.
You must . . .
- Live in North Carolina within 45 minutes of the Raleigh-Durham Triangle.
- Have a reasonable renovation budget of at least $50,000.
- Be part of a duo, with one rooting to stay in the home and the other wanting to move (hence the title, Love It or List It).
- Have comprehensive knowledge of your home's core elements, including heating, plumbing, electrical, and even the furnace.
- Have written proof of permission to renovate from a homeowner association, if you're a part of one, before your application will be pursued.
- Know the renovations you want Hilary and her team to complete to improve your quality of life in the house.
- Share info about unfinished spaces, such as basements, attics, and garages, that Hilary could, presumably, expand into.