If you master just one thing for Fall entertaining, make it this centerpiece. Versatile enough for both Halloween and Thanksgiving, this floral arrangement in a hollowed-out pumpkin is affordable, easy to do, and impressive. In a matter of minutes, you'll have a statement piece that will set the scene for any occasion within the upcoming weeks — no green thumb or craft skills needed.
- Medium-sized pumpkin: This can vary in size and color depending on your occasion and theme. Just be sure it is large enough to hold a mason jar.
- Mason jar or small vase
- Carving knife (a sharp kitchen knife works too)
- Floral shears or an old pair of scissors
- Variety of Fall flowers and foliage
- Start by carving a hole in the top of your pumpkin and hollowing out the middle, creating room for your vase. No need to make a clean cut, as it will not be visible once your flowers are added.
- With an assortment of flowers and these tips, style your arrangement. Use foliage to add volume and fill in any gaps.
- Add the flowers to the vase, set the pumpkin on your table, and complete your tablescape!
The beauty of this project is that it can be thrown together in a hurry and it can be adapted to any occasion. While we used an heirloom pumpkin for our table, the same steps can be applied to make a centerpiece for a Halloween party (e.g., fill an all-white pumpkin with orange roses and black branches). To complete the look, line a table runner with squash and other seasonal details!