If you're not a cake stand collector, you may fret before a fiesta wondering where you're going to place your pastries for guests. Instead of shelling out a good dose of green on a brand-new one unloaded straight from the assembly line, whip up your own unique one with a couple of plates, a glass, and glue. It's easier and quicker to craft than the cupcakes themselves!
To see how to make the delightful treat, just
- Champagne or martini glass(es)
- Glue — I used hot glue, but I recommend E6000 for a long-lasting job
- Make sure your plates are clean.
- Apply glue to the rim of the base of the glass and place it in the middle of the large plate.
- Apply glue to the rim of the glass and quickly place the top plate on it.
- Test it to make sure you did not glue it in a lopsided manner.
- Charm the pants off your guests!
If you don't have random plates or glasses lying around the house, hit up a secondhand store for hidden gems. I found these two plates and martini glass at my local Salvation Army for a total of $7!