We are nowhere near working on our kitchen, but it is definitely time to do our homework for the project. The planner in me says so! One of the major renovation components and expenses is refinishing the kitchen cabinets. On our blog, I take a step-by-step look at how to properly refinish our cabinets. Here is a quick outline of the steps.
- Empty all of your cabinets.
- Remove all the doors.
- Remove all hardware.
- Clean cabinet doors and frame.
- Sand cabinet doors and frame. Continue reading for the rest of the steps!
- Add holes for new hardware.
- Fill in dents and nicks.
- Prime doors and frame.
- Apply the first finish coat.
- Add the second/final finish coat.
Check out our blog post to get a step-by-step explanation of each step. We'll update the blog whenever we are able to get the funds to undertake the project! Until then, I hope that this inspires someone else to make over their cabinets!