Celebrity florist Jeff Leatham of TLC's Flowers Uncut was kind enough to share some exclusive tips and photos for creating a stunning wedding centerpiece with us earlier this week. Now I'm back with more exclusive tips from Jeff for you! A bride's bouquet is a very important part of the ceremony, not only because all eyes are on her, but because it's a keepsake many ladies will hold onto for years to come. To help you create the perfect hand-held arrangement, here's some more floral advice from Jeff:
- Choose the right ribbon for the bouquet.
- A bride can ask for extra fabric from the wedding dress when it's being made to wrap the bouquet with.
- Use one type of flower or group more than one type into distinct bunches.
- Don't use a lot of greenery — make a statement with flowers.
- Go with a monochromatic color scheme or use a similar color ribbon.
- A great extra touch is to use a meaningful piece of jewelry to pin to the ribbon, such as an heirloom diamond brooch, or something passed down from the family.