When we caught wind that Domaine Home recruited Jessica Biel to decorate her version of a holiday dream room, we were all ears. After all, she does live with a famous design hound (ahem, HomeMint cofounder Justin Timberlake)!
With the home's fashion-forward accessories, handsome furnishings, and thoughtful styling, we honed in on five design philosophies from the space that can be applied year-round.
- Channel Coco Chanel: From the graphic striped sofa to the gallery-style wall of framed black-and-white photos, nothing beats the classic color combo. Try accenting it with pops of your favorite brights or layering in neutrals for a cozy, sophisticated vibe.
- Rethink Rugs: Rugs aren't only for floors — create a tapestry feel by hanging a gorgeous kilim or antique find. The best part? Even smaller sizes can create a huge impact for less!
- Embrace Leather Furniture: For instant warmth and an ounce of rugged masculinity, try grounding a room with a vintage chair or sofa. If trolling flea markets for the right piece isn't your deal, then score the look with one of these vintage-inspired chairs that feel just as soulful.
- Decorate With Books: Stacking your most beloved books — from old hardbacks to coffee-table tomes — not only keeps them handy, but also creates visual interest. Try topping them off with your favorite decorative objects for a polished and curated effect.
- Layer Patterns: If you're a pattern-lover, then don't be afraid to mix and match! The secret? Stick to a limited color palette, and combine a variety of small- and large-scale prints.