Prince may have monopolized purple in the '80s, but we're happy to report its comeback for this millenium. Think of it as the exotic lovechild of classic red and blue — a warm-meets-cool tone that plays well on both sides of the color spectrum. Be it bold jewel tones or ladylike lavenders that tickle your fancy, these pieces make a convincing case for purple accents.
- Overdyed Terai Chair ($198): Folding chairs get a style upgrade with fabric that looks like it could have been cut from vintage kantha quilts.
- Sloop Dec Pillow ($125): The block-printed fabric on this pillow creates a slightly faded pattern that just gets better with time.
- Button-Tufted Ottoman ($330): We'd pair this feminine ottoman with a charcoal-gray palette for a surprisingly sophisticated take on lavender.
- Lamp Finial ($55): Give lamps a bespoke edge by adding this jewel-like finial.
- Plum Herringbone Throw ($250): This graphic pattern catches the eye but can easily be mixed with other patterns, thanks to its perfect scale.
- Hobnail Pitcher ($155): You'll look forward to dishwashing duties just to touch the bubble-like surface on this amethyst pitcher.
- Purple Pouf Ottoman ($200): This Moroccan staple works equally well as a footrest, seating, or a small table (with a tray).
- Suzani and Diamond Ikat Napkins ($12 each): Set these on your table, and you'll never go back to paper again.
- Goblets ($82 for six): Whether you're sipping sangria or water, these glasses might tempt you to put your pinky up.
Balboa Rug ($31-$207): There's nothing lowbrow about this colorful rag rug.