There's hardly ever an occasion to light a fireplace during the Summer months, but that's no reason to ignore this focal point of your living room. Instead of dreaming about a crackling fire, make the most of your fireplace this season with these tips.
- Just add flowers. Use oversize vases as focal points both on the mantel and in the fireplace itself. Layer them with your favorite and freshest Summer blooms.
- Think differently about your firewood. Since you probably won't be striking a match anytime soon, transform your logs into a visual statement. We're loving this clever DIY for a faux-log screen you can easily remove!
- Try adding something unexpected to the grate and hearth. Stack plants in front of the grate, or clean the grate and stack suitcases or books.
- Add a summery fire screen. Create a folding fireplace screen to block the grate. Try wallpapering it with removable wallpaper.
- Clear old decor from your fireplace mantel. It's a perfect place to showcase souvenirs from your Summer travels and adventures. New decor, coffee table books, a beautiful ceramic vase from a flea market trip, or a collection of shells from a walk on the beach would all work beautifully.
- Lighten up your firewood box. Try using a woven basket, like this sturdy, upright one instead of a hefty wooden box.
- Get artsy. We're no stranger to gorgeous gallery walls, but this might be the easiest solution yet! Try leaning a few of your favorite prints against your grill or screen for an unexpected display.
Source: Pepper Design Blog