If you're hosting guests this Thanksgiving, you'll want to keep them cozy and comfortable with a well-equipped guest room. Even if your guest "room" is just a pull-out couch or an air bed on the living room floor, you can still make them feel welcome and loved with a few essential items.
Want to know what's top on my list? See if you already own these basic essentials that will make any good guest room (or temporary guest space) great when you read more.
- Clean towels, perhaps laid out on the bed
- An extra pillow
- A bedside table and reading lamp
- A few well-chosen books and magazines
- A wastebasket
- An extra throw or blanket for warmth
- A closet with plenty of free hangers, or an empty drawer or two in a dresser
- An alarm clock
- A night light, if the room is unusually dark
From there, whatever embellishments you want to add — from fresh flowers to maps of your city — are up to you. Think I'm missing a crucial accoutrement? Tell me below.