Fall is rapidly approaching, and the new season brings different needs for your home. I showed you last week how to transition your entry from Summer to Fall, but now let's talk about another space where coziness is key: your bedroom. To make the most of the chilly Autumn nights (and mornings) to come, check out these tips.
- Swap out your crisp, cool Summer sheets for cozier flannel versions.
- Ditch your lightweight blanket for a down comforter or add a warm quilt.
- Put away your tank tops and sandals and rescue your sweaters and rain boots from their Summer hiding places.
- Bid your fruity, floral candles adieu until Spring and invest in some spicy, warm Autumn scents.
- Add a plush rug at the foot of your bed to make getting out of bed in the chilly mornings a little less painful.
- Assess your heating situation: make sure your vents are open and not blocked if you have central heat, clean out your fireplace if you're lucky enough to have one in your bedroom, or drag your space heater out of storage.
- Change out your light and airy curtains for heavier, draft-blocking ones.
How do you ready your sleeping quarters for cooler weather?