What advice would you give to your 23-year-old self?
You'll figure it out, so stop stressing out about everything. Also, invest in Apple. They're about to come out with this computer phone that's the size of a piece of toast that everybody's going to want.
Heather Sherrod is The Everygirl . . .
I wish I knew how to _______.
Sew clothing. My rudimentary sewing skills are limited to simple pillows and curtains.
A To Catch a Thief-style trip to Monaco and the South of France, complete with a 1953 convertible and fireworks over the Mediterranean.
Best advice you've ever received?
When I set out for LA, an acquaintance who had also pursued an acting career in her youth told me: "This is going to be really hard, and you may not be successful. In fact, you probably won't be. But you're going to learn so much about yourself in the process that, no matter what, this will be a great experience." At the time, that was really hard to hear, but it was also just what I needed. It's difficult to put yourself out there, but just remember that you learn so much more from the tough stuff and you will never regret trying.
Morning or night?
Night. Although I wish I were a morning person, I really don’t hit my stride until around 5 p.m.
If you could have lunch with any woman, who would it be and what would you order?
As an attorney, I feel like I should say someone like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who would, no doubt, be fascinating and inspiring. But honestly, it would be Cate Blanchett, and I’d order a mai tai at the Trader Vic’s Lounge in the Beverly Hilton.
- Couch — Thrive Modern
- White chairs — Vintage
- Coffee table — Originally from DWR; we bought it secondhand
- End tables — Vintage
- Arc lamp — CB2
- Record player — Urban Outfitters
- Bookcase — Crate and Barrel
- Curtains — Fabric from Tonic Living
- Dining room table and chairs — Vintage
- Bar cart, painted plant stand — Source unknown
- Dipped plant basket — Target (no longer available)
- White candleholder — CB2 (no longer available)
- Pine tree print — Art.com
- Lost Horizons print — Fred Deakins for Lemon Jelly (no longer available)
- Wallpaper — One Kings Lane
- Tulip table — Similar one here
- Chairs — Painted vintage
- Bed — West Elm
- Nightstands — Target
- Dresser — Ikea, repainted with new hardware
- Dresser — Ikea (similar), painted with new hardware
- Ship print — Banquet, Etsy
- Paint-by-numbers — eBay
- Lamps — Vintage
- Round mirror — West Elm
- Radio — Amazon
- Bed — Ikea
- Bedding — CB2 (no longer available)
- Dresser — Ikea
- Pull-down map — Vintage
- Parsons desk — West Elm, painted pink
- White desk — Target
- Zebra head — FAO Schwarz (no longer available)
- Bookcase — Ikea
- Los Angeles print — Rifle Paper Co.
- Lady print — Janet Hill Studio, Etsy
- Green dresser — Painted vintage
- Brass end table — Target (no longer available)