I am not a supermom. I try my best to make it look good, but I would be lying if I said it all ran smoothly here. It doesn't. I have the pickiest eaters ever. In fact, my daughter says things like, "I liked that last year" or "I only ate that when I was 4." My son has learned the word yuck, but it all depends on his mood, because today he may finish an entire bowl of mac and cheese that he called yuck yesterday.
Veggies are another yuck. My daughter will only eat green beans, and my son has to have his carrots juiced and mixed with OJ. So in an effort, a desperate one at that, to get them to eat an avocado, I made it into pudding. It was easy, and I almost ate it all myself. Here is my simple recipe.
- 2 large, very ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup of cocoa (I use dutch)
- 1/3 cup of organic coconut milk, unsweetened and add another 1/4 for smoothness
- 2 teaspoons of organic vanilla extract (do not use imitation)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of organic honey
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled with a dab of whipped cream.
- Desserts, Puddings/Mousse
- North American