I really like toast, usually avocado with a nice lemon, red pepper, and olive oil drizzle but I know it can get a bit boring. So this week I opted for a dressed up, jazzed up, and spiced up sandwich pairing avocado AND my new favorite Roots Hummus, leading me to a 2-Minute Lima Bean Avocado Toast.
Why hummus and avocado? Well with a very generous delivery from Roots Hummus sitting on my countertop and avocados screaming my name — it was time for a sandwich party. The Roots Lima Bean hummus stood out of the crowd, so I smeared it over half of a slice of toasty sprouted grain bread and left the other half for my beloved avocado. What's great about this toast-wich is that 1) you can keep it as toast or make it a full-on sandwich and 2) it's got protein, fiber, omegas, and flavor.
Win, win, and win again.
You can find Roots Hummus and all of their tasty flavors here.
- 1 slice sprouted grain bread
1/4 avocado, sliced
2 tablespoons Roots Lima Bean Hummus
1/2 lemon, squeezed
Pinch red pepper flakes
Pinch sea salt
Greens or sprouts of your choice to garnish
- In a toaster, lightly heat the bread until tender.
- Spread the avocado over half of the toast, leaving some pieces mashed.
- Spread the hummus over the other half of the toast.
- Dress with lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and sea salt.
- Garnish lightly with greens of your choice and enjoy!
- South American
- 1 serving
- Total Time
- 1 minute, 59 seconds