Calling all rice pudding addicts! If the sweet cinnamon taste of arroz con leche brings back all kinds of nostalgic feels, you're going to want to try Chef Marcela Valladolid's take on the classic Mexican version of this popular Latin American dessert.
Packed with signature elements like cinnamon, vanilla, and creamy milk, this easy recipe features a surprising burst of orange flavor, which brightens it up perfectly. Keep scrolling for everything you need to re-create it yourself! Then, try Chef Marcela's equally delicious grilled chicken recipe.
- 7 cups water
1 cup white rice
1 cinnamon stick
3 cups Lactaid Whole Milk
1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Put the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium-size heavy saucepan and set over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until rice is tender, for about 18 minutes.
- Strain out the liquid.
- Return the rice to the saucepan.
- Stir in whole milk, sugar, and orange zest.
- Continue cooking rice over medium-high heat until rice comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring constantly.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until the mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla extract, and stir.
- Transfer rice pudding to a serving bowl.
- Dust with ground cinnamon and serve.
- Desserts, Puddings/Mousse
- 1 serving
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds