Mexican recipes do not have to be complex to make. For example, take this easy vegetarian quesadilla. The flavor combinations may be complex, but they are so simple to make.
Rather than ordering pizza or running to your favorite fast-food restaurant, buy these fresh veggies and make these flavorful quesadillas in less than 30 minutes. I guarantee your family will be very satisfied and happy. I know my children and hubby loved them.
There is something so comforting about the smell of roasted vegetables. Give it a try, and enjoy the roasted aroma. I served these quesadillas with chile de arbol salsa.
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
2 portobello mushrooms, stemmed, gills removed, and chopped
1 red sweet pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Ground back pepper
8 10-inch flour tortillas
3 cups shredded queso jalapeño or pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Arrange squash, mushrooms, and bell peppers on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes or until brown and tender.
- Place a cast-iron griddle over medium-high heat.
- Place a tortilla on the griddle and add cheese.
- Add roasted veggies on a slightly warmed tortilla.
- Place another tortilla on top.
- Cook until lightly golden, about 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Flip over and cook until golden brown.
- Let cool for 1 minute and then cut into wedges.
- Serve warm and, if desired, with salsa.
- Main Dishes
- 4 servings