This season, I've been more into cookies than any other time in my entire life. I like them, but I'm really a cake girl at heart. That, however, does not keep me from enjoying a sweet and delicious cookie, and if they are filled with chocolate, even better.
I have to be honest and say that I'm not a cookie maker. The dough rolling and the cookie cutting have forever been intimidating to me. My favorite cookies are the ones that are quick and easy, no cookie cutters or chilling necessary. Because really, who has time or self restraint to wait for a batch of dough to chill?
That is why I set myself on a quest to find a great chocolate chip cookie recipe that I could whip up and bake in less than 20 minutes. This, my friends, is the winner!
This recipe is a re-creation of Lindsay's chocolate chip cookies over at Pinch of Yum. She makes everything look so easy — I just simply had to try them. I've made other chocolate chip cookies but none compare to these.
They are soft, gooey, and filled with yummy chocolate. My chocolate-loving daughter couldn't have enough. She has even asked that I stop buying cookies at the grocery store and just bake these instead. I might just take that request as a challenge for myself.
Happy cookie eating!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 brown sugar, packed (I used dark brown)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the butter into 1-inch squares and place in the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla and egg. Continue to mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until the wet and dry ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix. Add the chocolate chips and incorporate into the dough using a spatula.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the dough using a cookie scoop or a spoon and place in the baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until they have just started to turn golden brown. Warning: do not overbake. I ruined quite a number of cookies due to overbaking, You don't want that to happen.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for about 20-30 minutes. Reserve in an airtight container to keep soft for about 3-5 days.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American
- 18-20 cookies
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds