Back when I was living in the East Bay, there was the best little Mexican restaurant up the street. While their food wasn't anything to write home about, their cocktails were absolutely incredible! The drink menu differentiated between straight up tequila to craft cocktails, including a refreshing cucumber lime margarita with a kick. I haven't had the opportunity to go back, so I decided to mix it up at home.
Simply double or triple the recipe if making cocktails for a larger crowd.
- 1 lime
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 1/3 ounces fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces cucumber juice
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- Spicy Salt Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Assemble ingredients for spicy salt (sugar, salt, chili powder) and mix together on a small shallow plate and set aside.
- Run sliced lime wedge around rim of glass and place upside down to rim glass with salt mixture.
- In a large cocktail glass or shaker muddle 4-5 slices cucumber.
- Add lime juice and cucumber juice, which can be purchased or made at home.
- Depending on preference add gold or silver tequila (I used silver) but, either option will work for this recipe.
- Fill salted glass with crushed ice, and pour in strained cocktail mixture.
- Garnish with lime wheel and serve with shaved cucumber slices.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 1 cocktail