I've given you my dos and don'ts of dating and my dos and don'ts of going on a second date, and now I'm back to give you some pointers on dealing with a bad date! Check out my dos and don'ts below.
- Do remember that it's just a date, not the rest of your life and it'll be over before you know it.
- Do find something to make the date somewhat manageable — spark up a conversation you know will pique both your interests, try to enjoy the movie you're watching, or simply enjoy the meal you're eating.
- Do maintain your composure and be polite.
- Do share the details with a friend after the fact and find the humor in it!
- Don't be rude or mean.
- But don't feel bad about about leaving the date early if he's rude or mean to you.
- Don't beat yourself up over a bad date — they happen to all of us.
- Don't accept an offer to extend the date — politely say no to drinks or dessert so you can be on your merry way.
Have I missed anything?
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.