Suzanne Collins took the top three spots for most-read books of the year with her Hunger Games trilogy, but the steamiest book of 2012 would have to be No. 4 — E.L. James's erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey. Women young and old (and even some men) were enraptured, or at least curious, about the sexy love story of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, and the series was responsible for entering "BDSM" into our everyday topic of conversation. With a movie in the works, the phenomenon is only going to grow in 2013!
Other top books included:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling, No. 5
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett, No. 6
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, No. 7
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, No. 8
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, No. 9