We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, YourTango. Today, we find out how Forbes's new highest-paid-celebs list shows that young women are on top.
Some of our most favorite women are dominating in love and on Forbes's new list of highest-paid celebrities.
The magazine says, "On our list of the 10 highest-paid celebrities under 30, women take six spots and four of the top five."
So who are the young ladies who are rockin' their bank accounts?
- Taylor Swift: Go T-Swift! She's only 22 and she's rocking our world at the number one spot on the list! Already at work on her fourth album, Swift has won two Grammys for her song "Mean." Forbes estimates that she made $57 million between May 2011 and May 2012. Take that, anyone who has ever been mean to Swift!
- Rihanna: Another young singer to top the list at number three, Rihanna has gotten a lot of flak for baring her skin this year. To be fair, the 24-year-old performed 85 shows in 12 months — we think she earned the right to bare it all and rake in $53 million!
- Katy Perry: Ms. Perry, 27, is lighting up the world with her "Fireworks" this year at number five. She may have split from husband Russell Brand, but who cares when you have five number-one singles and have made it into music history right next to Michael Jackson? Making $45 million last year doesn't hurt either.
- Adele: The 24-year-old is rolling in the deep money with her smash hit album, 21. She recently announced that she's pregnant with boyfriend Simon Konecki's baby, and let's not forget those six Grammys she took home earlier this year. We wish we could have a part of the fortune ($35 million) Adele made last year, which secured her spot at number six.
- Kristen Stewart: The 22-year-old actress has really showed the world how multitalented she is. From Twilight to Snow White and the Huntsman to modeling for a fragrance, she's made Forbes's list this year a few spots before her boyfriend, Robert Pattinson (she's number seven, and he's number 10). The press can't get enough of Stewart — she has a fierce attitude and has never apologized for it. Rock on, Stewart — we can't wait to see what you come up with next!
To determine the rankings of their highest-paid under-30 list, Forbes considered "album and concert sales, movie paydays, profit participation, endorsements, and advertising work. We did not deduct for agent fees or the expenses related to being a celebrity." See the full list here.
Written by Kali Lamparelli for YourTango.
More from YourTango:
- Single? Ten Fun Ways to Meet Men This Summer
- Is Katie Holmes Planning to Change Suri Cruise's Whole Name?
- Why Celebrity Relationships Don't Last