Now that we are past Memorial Day, it is safe to break out all your white accessories and clothing, yea!! While wearing head to toe white, you're bound to get dirty and since handbags these days cost a pretty penny, here are some tips to keep your white bag looking brand new.
Click here to
- Most bags come with care instructions -- read them and follow their suggestions to the best of your ability
- Before you use your white bag, I advise you take it to a professional to have it Scotch Guarded or weather treated
- As soon as you see the stain or mark on your purse, tend to it. The longer you let it go untreated, the more time it will have to set
- Try to wipe off the stain with a dry towel first, and if that doesn't help, dampen it and add a mild soap like Dove or Ivory to your cloth and clean away any unwanted marks. Remember not to soak the towel as leather and water don't mix
- There are many leather cleaners on the market that target white handbags, but before you apply them to your bag, spot test a small area in case the cleaner changes the color or texture of your bag
Just the other day I noticed a pen mark on my new white handbag and out of pure convenience, I grabbed a Method Go Naked Surface Wipe and gently wiped away the pen mark just like I was using an eraser!! It worked like a dream.
I hope these tips help, and if any of you out there have some more secret remedies up your sleeve, please share them in the comments below.