Have you ever had a needy friend? Someone that requires extra time and energy that you just aren't willing to give? If so, here are some tips on how to cope so click here to
- If you aren't a needy person yourself, it may be hard to handle someone that is, but try to put yourself in their shoes. Being needy is a sign of insecurity and loneliness so try to be understanding.
- There's a reason why your needy friend is latching on to you. Try to embrace it — you're being viewed as a confidant.
- The more you avoid your needy friend, the more he or she will desire your attention so make seldom plans and stick to them. The time you spend together will mean a lot.
- If spending time with them one-on-one is too much to handle, enlist a mutual friend to join you or set up phone dates. You won't be as irked for giving up so much of your time.
- If your friend doesn't respect your personal space or time, you need to voice your frustration so you don't start resenting your friendship.
If any of you have other tips to share, please do so in the comments below.