Writing a thank you note is always a polite way of showing your appreciation, and a sure fire way to make someone feel special. Unfortunately thank you's oftentimes slip through the cracks, but for those that remember their manners, a thank you goes a long way. For those who need a refresher on how to write a perfect thank you note, I am here to help.
Click here to
- Although sending a quick e-mail or making a phone call is more time efficient, the personal touch of a hand written note will leave a much more memorable mark
- Being timely is important, but the saying "better late than never" applies when writing thank you notes
- Thank you notes are most commonly written after receiving a gift, but they are also appropriate after a job interview, being a guest at a dinner party or a wedding, and can be written as a token of friendship and support
- Thank you notes should be short and to the point
- Make sure to add personality to your note and let the recipient know how much you loved your gift or how much you enjoyed his or her party
- If you are sending a thank you note to a potential employer, spell out why you are thanking them and be sure to reiterate how much you appreciated their time
- Sending flowers is another way to extend your gratitude, but don't forget to add an additional thank you on the card
Regardless of your reason for thanking someone, make sure to thank the person again before signing your name, and don't forget to check your spelling!