We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, YourTango.
What's your New Year's resolution for 2012? To exercise more? To be more productive? We bet "a more honest and open relationship" isn't on many of your lists. That's because tons of people put their relationships on autopilot, hoping the kinks will just work themselves out — and then they argue each and every day, and end up resenting each other. The best way to have a happy relationship is to keep working on it, so even if you're not currently in a relationship rut, follow these 12 tips from our staff and you'll keep being happy.
- Say "please" and "thank you." This shows your partner you appreciate them and keeps you from taking each other for granted.
- Grab your partner's butt every day (or at least every other day).
- Kiss every morning!
- Say "good morning" every morning.
- Spend at least one night a week with your significant other and family/friends, i.e. don't hole up all by yourselves.
- Use baby talk/pet names very sparingly. If you overuse these, you could damage your relationship since you won't be able to relate to each other seriously.
- DO THE DISHES. Set up some type of system for who does them when.
Get the final steps when you finish reading the rest of the story on YourTango: Relationship Rehab: 12 Steps To Becoming A Happier Couple In 2012
Written by Natalie Gontcharova for YourTango.
More from YourTango:
- 15 Tips To Spice Up Your Sex Life (From Men)
- To Take His Last Name or Not Take His Last Name
- Do Women Cheat As Much as Men Do?