A self-professed group of "publishing nerds" in New York have been noting what fellow subway riders are reading for the last four months and documenting it on Cover Spy. I went through its archive and found the 10 most common titles for an illuminating — if not scientific — look.
- Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
- Let the Great World Spin, Column McCann
- Catch-22, Joseph Heller
- The Road, Cormac McCarthy
- Freakonomics, Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner
- Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold
- Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Junot Diaz
- Everything Is Illuminated, Jonathan Safran Foer
If you take public transportation, what are you currently reading?
Source: Flickr User moriza