We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, The Good Men Project. Can women actually make the first move? Jerry Stocking takes a look at three sexual myths influencing our sexual relationships.
If you are interested in reclaiming your sexuality, please read on as I reveal three common cultural sexual myths. Even if you are the most liberated cat on the block you still are still being influenced by these myths without even realizing. Let's bring them into the light.
The three myths are:
- Men want sex more than women do.
- Men have to make the first move sexually or drive the sexual process.
- And the oddest one of the three: Men think they just almost got laid.
Let's explore, and debunk these three myths one at a time. And in the process, liberate you so that you can discover your own sexuality independent of culture's bias.
I am not suggesting that these myths are true or untrue. I am saying that they are believed by enough people that they influence you and me. Culture uses these myths to generalize and impose mass thinking on all of us. Bringing the myths to your attention can free you from most of their influence, making you sexually independent and making your sexuality your own. Reclaiming your sexuality is a good thing in a culture where sex is more marketing and taboo than it is fun and fruitful.
- 12 Reasons Why Good Black Men Are Single
- Survey Says! Women Are Less Likely to Support Stay-at-Home Dads
- I'm in Love With My Friend . . . but She Has a Boyfriend