Ah, the prom. Such a cultural institution. Such a rite of passage. And often a major disappointment.
After seeing this outrageous ad for Orbit gum featuring every father's worst prom-date nightmare, I wondered if you had any nightmarish or dreamy prom date stories of your own. Not surprisingly, TrèsSugar readers did not disappoint. Read on for some of the most shocking tales and some pretty sweet ones too.
- "Senior year the guy was awful — we had been dating but broke up (amicably) a few weeks before prom, so the atmosphere was a little tense. Then he tripped and fell running hurdles just a few days before prom and had a giant scab all the way up one side of his face — obviously ideal for those memorable prom photos. Worse, he decided to "pre-game" the night of prom without me. He came to get me very, very drunk while I was 100 percent sober. it was not exactly the most romantic evening ever." — Cotedazur
- "So my friend Judez finally found me a single dude in her Hebrew class. He was hot, but he was also two years younger than me and was really into anime. It was a really awkward night. Looking back, I wish I had just taken one of my girlfriends. Sure, everyone would think I was gay, but ya know what, probably would have helped with the popularity thing." — imLissy
For three more prom stories,
- "My boyfriend lived in a different state (he moved before prom and came back after so I think he just really didn't want to go) so I asked one of my friends. We had a great time except the restaurant we went to sucked and we stopped at Wendy's before prom so we could actually eat." — ManiMartinixo
- "I went to Junior and Senior prom with my now husband. We started dating in November of Junior year and have been together ever since! We had a lot of fun at both proms, decent food and good dancing." — spngebobmyhero
- "I also went with my high school sweetheart and we lost our virginity at our senior prom. Perfect and cliche." — MissAcron
Source: Flickr User foundphotoslj