The weekday rat race can get a little mind-numbing sometimes, especially mid-afternoon when lunch has passed and five o'clock ain't really around the corner. So, what to do? Make an ass of yourself, of course! Whether the office needs an amusing diversion or you're simply plain bored, here's a list of to-dos that might liven things up a bit, or get you canned, but whatev. A little free time never hurt anybody. . .
- While riding in an elevator, gasp dramatically every time the doors open.
- Walk sideways to the photocopier.
- Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
- Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink directly from the nozzle.
- After every sentence, say "Mon" in a really bad Jamaican accent. As in "The report's on your desk, Mon." Keep this up for one hour.
- While an office mate is out, move their chair into the elevator.
- Come to work in army fatigues and when asked why, say, "I can't talk about it."
- Posing as a maitre d', call a colleague and tell him that he's won a lunch for four at a local restaurant. Let him go.
- Speak with an accent (French, German, Porky Pig, etc.) during a very important conference call.
- Repeat the following conversation ten times to the same person: "Do you hear that?" "What?" "Never mind, it's gone now."
- During the course of a meeting, slowly edge your chair towards the door.
For more elevator fun, click here.