Prince William and Kate Middleton are enjoying their first holiday season as a married couple! Today Will, Kate, and other royals attended Christmas day services at St. Mary Magdalene Church in Norfolk, England. The royal family seemed in good spirits, even though Prince Philip, William's grandfather, is in the hospital following an emergency heart procedure. Harry and William reportedly paid him a visit on Friday.
Earlier in the week, the couple visited the Centrepoint charity in London, the organization most closely associated with Princess Diana. On Dec. 19, the duke and duchess put on their Winter's finest for The Sun's Military Awards. Brother-in-law Prince Harry came along for the event that helped kick off Kate's first Christmas as an official member of the royal family. Earlier in the day, she and her new royal relatives attended a pre-Christmas dinner hosted by the queen. As for the rest of the holiday season, it appears Will and Kate have worked out a schedule that will let them see both of their families, just like other couples who have to negotiate holiday plans. Here's what the duke and duchess reportedly have planned:
- On Dec. 19, they attended a pre-Christmas lunch with the queen and other royals, as well as The Sun Military Awards.
- On Dec. 21, Will and Kate made an appearance at Centrepoint, an organization important to Prince William's mother, Princess Diana. It helps young homeless people. They participated in a cooking session and watched a show by the winner of the organization's talent show.
- On Christmas, the couple spends the day with William's family at the queen's private estate, Sandringham House, in Norfolk. Although she dated Will for 10 years and was engaged to him by last Christmas, this is Kate's first invite.
- On Boxing Day, Dec. 26, Kate will join William for the traditional hunting outing on the estate, although sources say Kate won't pick up a gun, either for fear of upsetting animal rights groups or simply because traditions states that the ladies don't shoot. Reports also claimed that Pippa would join the royal family on the 26th, but they have been disputed. We'll have to wait and see.
- After Christmas and Boxing Day, Will and Kate will travel to Buckleburry to spend time with Kate's family. No word on New Year's Eve plans!
See photos from the festive and charitable events now.