Non-negotiables aren't nice to haves, but must haves if you want a relationship to go from fun to a done deal. They're a list of demands — deal breakers in waiting if one's not met.
Last week I asked for your relationship non-negotiables, and I've gathered up 20 here. Not to grow your own non-negotiable list, but here are a few to consider if they're not already on it.
- Passionate about career
- Agree on kids, whether it's wanting, not wanting, or being open to either
- Loyalty (i.e. no cheating)
- Have money (and not be cheap)
- Not insist on changing names after marriage
- Well mannered
- Agree on marriage
- Direct and not passive when speaking
- Sexual compatibility
- Reciprocal trust
Read the rest below.
- Respectful (no embarrassing people on purpose)
- Faith compatibility
- Value education
- Political compatibility
- Feelings toward animals
Have any to add?