The Senate confirmed Elena Kagan this afternoon, making her the fourth woman to ever serve on the Supreme Court. So far as president, Obama is two for two when it comes to appointing women to the bench. Since Kagan will soon serve on the highest court, now's a good time to brush up on some of the stories leading up to her confirmation!
- Her single status reminded us that society judges unmarried women differently as they get older.
- The press had much to say about her style choices.
- Why did her sexuality go from rumor to issue?
- Her views on abortion raised questions for both sides.
- She reads Pride and Prejudice every year.
What are your thoughts on the confirmation?