Meeting a potential love interest on the Internet is not much different than Dating 1.0. If the person is a relative stranger, it's best to take precautions. I asked readers for safety tips specific to online dating, and here are seven experienced readers and Facebook fans offered.
- Take it very slow.
- Email back and forth first.
- Give a Google voice number instead of your real cellphone number.
- Meet in a public place for coffee.
- Bring a friend the first time you meet.
- At the first sign of a red flag, end things.
- Just follow your gut.
Anything to add?