Let's talk Facebook etiquette. I asked last week how long you waited to Facebook friend a love interest, but your answers revealed less about dating, and more about how and when you friend everyone and anyone and no one.
While I'm sure there's more, five types of Facebook frienders revealed themselves.
- No time like the second drink: "Went on a first date last night, we added each other midway through second drinks." — Anonymous
- You're nothing more than a link in my Facebook chain: "When I first meet someone (co-worker, date, friend of a friend who might become a friend of mine), I request to add them. I have plenty of Facebook friends who I don't call or text, and don't see Facebook as more personal than a phone number." — Girl Jen
- Facebook is for lurkers: "Chances are people facebook you as soon as they know your last name anyway, so unless your profile is completely private, you might as well just add them." — MissSushi
- The two-day rule: "I usually wait a day or two, unless they add me first." — Mellietronx
- Wait until marriage: "I say wait as long as you can. There's nothing more awkward than having to unfriend someone." — Angelica Marden
Which one are you?