We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, The Date Report. A person's favorite book can say a lot of things about them. Find out what to expect with these 32 titles!
"What’s your favorite book?" is a loaded question anytime, but on a date, it can be downright terrifying. Fear not, we've searched the depths of middle school syllabi near and far to gather a list of some of the best and worst books in the English-speaking universe, and tell you what in the hell they mean about that person sitting across the table from you.
- The Catcher in the Rye: They went through a moody phase and probably have a solid investment portfolio.
- Cloud Atlas: They see movies, read the book, like the movie better, and will never admit it.
- Brave New World: They're probably just into future theories and sexual liberty, but you might want to have the eugenics talk sooner rather than later. Just in case.
- Game of Thrones: They've got all the patience.
- Pride and Prejudice: They're all about the happy ending and love Judi Dench movies.
- The Art of Fielding: They think everyone (including you) deserves a fair shot.
- Twilight: They're (unconsciously) really into Shakespeare.
- Titus Andronicus: They're really into Shakespeare.
- The Great Gatsby: They're a cynic with a heart of gold and a sad past.
- The Adventures of Huck Finn/Tom Sawyer:They probably spent a lot of time alone in the woods as a kid, which made them kind of awesome.
- To Kill a Mockingbird: They did poorly on the LSATs.
- The DaVinci Code: They're troubled by Beyoncé's Illuminati connections.
- Little Women: This person is growing and maturing through experience. Lock it down.
- The Outsiders: They wear the same boots they did in high school and have an affinity for Bruce Springstein.
- On the Road: They'll always have an extra flannel something you can borrow.
To find out what other books made the list, head to The Date Report: 32 Things You Can Tell About Your Date Based on Their Favorite Book.
Check out more great stories from The Date Report: