Motherhood is amazing and . . . a mess! It's truly one cleanup after another. Women expect there will be an extra load of laundry or additional dishes that come with having kids, but until the children arrive, mamas really have no idea what is in store or will be on the floor! Here are some of the down and dirty tasks most moms never anticipate.
- When your kid has a cold, the tub, their pillowcases, and their sleeves are not immune to nasal drip.
- Wrappers and remnants of everything from peanut butter sandwiches to forgotten gummy bears stick to the car's floor mats or get wedged between the seats.
- Numerous treasures will be hidden beneath a child's mattress or bed.
- Stock up on sheets or use the "toss" method during flu season. Tired kiddos get sick in their sleep.
- Once it's been turned on its head, a toy bin can stretch across an entire house.
- The couch is a gold mine for pencils, lollipop sticks, small toys, and crumbs.
- Babies aren't old enough to remember their bottles so the forgotten containers of curdled milk are common.
- Your son is potty trained, but his aim might be off. Pee pools around the base of the toilet.
- No one notices a popsicle drip or sand spills until bare feet hit the floor.
- Popcorn and Pirate's Booty have to be picked up by hand or they can clog the vacuum.
Do you have any cleanups to add to this list?