Having a baby changes a mom's life, but the bundle of joy also alters the way she looks at the world and lives each day. Here are some of the purest perks that come with being a mother.
- You see everything for the first time again through the child's eyes — even ants are amazing.
- A single gummy smile can save even the biggest wreck of a day.
- When the infant fusses, your mere presence calms him.
- If you rest your child on your chest, your hearts beat in unison.
- When he laughs, he shakes, drools, and almost keels over, but it's the most adorable thing you've ever seen. So you make him do it again and again.
- You think about the future in bigger and brighter ways. You picture him heading off to kindergarten and graduating from high school.
- You anticipate and even dream of little things like a cutting tooth, a single step, or a two syllable utterance: "mama."
- You forget about things you used to care so much about, because they actually don't matter at all.
- You finally understand what "a mother's instinct" means.
- Your will to live intensifies because you don't want to miss a moment of your child's spectacular life.
How has your baby made your life better?