This recipe contains no milk, eggs, peanuts, soy, or nuts. To make this recipe wheat-free, use your favorite wheat-free pie crust recipe.
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6-1/2 T cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- pie crust
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients but brown sugar and coconut.
3. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Pour into pie crust.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
5. If desired, sprinkle coconut and brown sugar on top.
6. Bake 5 more minutes.
- Desserts, Pies/Tarts