- 1 small parsnip, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small sweet potato, peeled
- A little salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a sturdy potato peeler or small swivel peeler to peel thin strips from the parsnip. Put the strips in a bowl and toss with half of the oil. Spread out in a single layer on one of the prepared baking sheets. Do the same with the sweet potato, spreading the strips on the second baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate the baking sheets. Bake for a further 5 minutes, then check and remove from the oven if crisp and browned at the edges. Otherwise continue cooking for a further 4-5 minutes, checking every minute, as the crisps can go brown very quickly. You may find that the parsnips cook slightly more quickly than the potato.
- Transfer the cooked chips to a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt. These are best served the day they are made but can be stored in an airtight container overnight (they may soften a bit).
- Snacks, Crackers