Emirates knows that the 13-hour flight from NYC to Dubai is rough on tots, so its "boredom busters" are designed to keep kids highly entertained while in flight.
- Emirates provides kids with special brightly colored headsets for their seatback in-flight entertainment system, featuring hundreds of channels of TV, movie, music, and video game programming.
- If you let the airline know that it is your child's birthday in advance, flight attendants will deliver a cake en route to your destination and take a party photo for your tot to show off when she gets home.
- For babies, kits with wet wipes, cream, a bib, a teething ring, and a glove puppet are available, as well as baby food, formula, bottles, and diapers upon request.
- Toddlers are offered backpacks with toys, a magazine, and merchandise, as well as Blanket Buddies (stuffed animals attached to fleece blankets), Seatbelt Critters, or Magnetic Sketchers.
- Older kids will benefit from the airline's collaboration with surfing/snowboarding giant Quiksilver. They'll receive velcro surf wallets and travel folios, a Dr. Seuss storybook, and fun-fact cards at their seats.
- The airline's in-flight entertainment system has 30 channels of family programming at the ready, too.